You probably have heard of the term, “you are what you eat.” To help keep your mind and body healthy, you need to be cognizant of what you put in your mouth. Your body needs proper nutrition to run efficiently, so it is vital that you live a healthy lifestyle. While many are aware of the fact that their ears need to be protected from loud noises, some do not realize that diet also has an effect on your hearing. If you want to help prevent or delay hearing loss and live a life of healthy hearing, it is important that you watch what you eat.
Back in May, we discussed the essential nutrients for healthy hearing, and one of the foods that we mentioned were bananas! There’s no better way to fight hunger than to reach for a banana, natures “powerbar”. Rich in magnesium and potassium, bananas can help protect your ears from hearing loss. While there are many ways to eat bananas, one of our favorites is making banana bread. Such a versatile food, banana bread is delicious alone and when used as sandwich bread – especially when you put peanut butter on it!
Eat your way to good health and healthy hearing by checking out this gluten free banana bread recipe!
Gluten Free Banana Bread (Recipe Courtesy of Namaste Foods)
• 2 cups of Gluten Free Flour (We recommend Namaste Foods Perfect Flour Blend)
• 1 cup of organic sugar
• 1/8 tsp of Himalayan Pink Salt
• One tsp of aluminum-free baking soda
• Two organic eggs
• ½ cup of organic, unrefined coconut oil
• Three mashed bananas
• ½ tsp organic vanilla extract
• ½ cup of coarsely chopped organic nuts (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 325° F.
2. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan. You can use a non-stick spray, or gently wipe coconut oil along the bottom and sides of the pan.
3. Mix all the liquids together in a large bowl. Use a medium sized bowl to mix the dry ingredients together. Mix both bowls of ingredients together until well blended.
4. Take your dry ingredients and fold them into the wet ingredients. If you are using nuts, fold in your nuts.
5. Pour the batter into the greased 9×5 loaf pan. Bake in the oven for approximately 65-75 minutes. Use a toothpick and insert it into the middle of the bread to make sure it comes out clean.
6. Transfer loaf to a cooling rack and let cool before serving.